Welcome to Jisc RSC Northwest
Offering a wide range of knowledge and expertise, from strategic planning to staff development, Jisc RSCs play a vital role in enabling learning providers to turn their ICT ambitions into reality. Jisc Regional Support Centres (Jisc RSCs) support learning providers across the UK in the effective use of technology.
Working with designated providers across the wider FE and HE sectors, Jisc RSCs are a national support network, uniquely tailoring advice in response to local needs.
The Jisc RSC Northwest is led by Lancaster University through the Information Systems Services department, and is based in Bailrigg House at Lancaster University.
The North West region covers providers based in the counties of Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Greater Merseyside and Cheshire.
Events RSC Northwest events feed
- Digital Literacy Forum: RSCs Northwest and Yorkshire & Humber 5 November 2014 05 Nov 2014 The focus of this forum is to create a range of activities to support and assess learners towards digital fluency.
- SMILT Forum 12 November 2014 12 Nov 2014 Bi-yearly forum for supported learning providers in the Greater Manchester area. An opportunity to share good practice and discuss hot topics.
- MILT/LILT Forum 19 November 2014 19 Nov 2014 This forum has been set up to enable staff involved in ILT and eLearning from learning providers in Lancashire and Merseyside to share ideas, discuss best practice and to create a support network for the future development of the use of technology within their organisations
- Advanced Moodle Users Forum 25 November 2014 25 Nov 2014 This is a technical forum to discuss the administration features of Moodle 2.x, areas of general interest, and how the user interface design can be enhanced.
- AccessNW Forum 28 November 2014 28 Nov 2014 The theme for this forum meeting is ‘Looking Forward’. We will be focusing on how the support of learners with learning difficulties and disabilities could be affected by changes within an organization, policy changes and changes to Jisc.