RSC South West
Bespoke staff development
See how Weston College are successfully providing bespoke staff development training on technology use in the classroom.
Forthcoming EduTech fair
Forthcoming major event in March 2014. EduTech will be an opportunity for providers to see and experience a wide range of technologies, meet with possible new suppliers or existing ones and discuss how the technology could be applied within their organisations.
Web conference toolkit
Access our new toolkit - everything you need to know to plan, deliver and follow up a web conferencing session.
Jisc Regional Support Centres work with more than 2,000 UK learning providers helping them to improve performance and efficiency through the use of technology.
We provide advice and support, share good practice and facilitate collaboration to help solve your everyday challenges and achieve your strategic objectives.
Technology is vital to your organisation’s success, helping you to:
- enhance the learner experience for better learner outcomes;
- widen your reach to increase learner numbers;
- improve quality and inspection outcomes and secure future funding;
- do more for less, leading to cost reduction and efficiency gains.
Our remit covers Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, Devon, Somerset, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and Dorset.
Funded by the UK Department of Business Innovation and Skills, we work closely with practitioners within Further Education, Sixth Form, Specialist Colleges, Adult and Community Learning, Work-based Learning and Higher Education.
Advice and support
- Bid writing to support funding applications
- Staff development
- Library and learning resources
- Technical infrastructure
- Virtual Learning Environment
- e-learning technologies
We also offer technology and accessibility kit loans, which are available free of charge.
Events RSC South West events feed
- Embedding External Content into Moodle 10 Mar 2014 Workshop 6 of Moodle Training programme 2014
- Technical Forum 13/03/14 13 Mar 2014 Technical forum for all SW IT staff to share knowledge and problems about their technical infrastructure.
- Specialist College Forum (Spring) 13 Mar 2014 Annual Spring Specialist College Forum
- VLE Forum 13/03/14 13 Mar 2014 Termly VLE Forum
- Education Technology Fair 13 Mar 2014 Showcasing Technology for post 16 Education
- Microsoft Technologies Day 26 Mar 2014 Microsoft and a number of their Gold Partner resellers have come together to put on a day, which will be hosted at Bridgwater College, to demonstrate the latest server and desktop OS features along with cloud services, SharePoint options and other solutions being adopted in education and industry
- Autism & Technology Conference 02 Apr 2014 This event celebrates World Autism Awareness Day by exploring the diverse ways in which technology can support people with Autism Spectrum Conditions
- ACL Forum 30 Apr 2014 A new forum for ACL providers