RSC South West
UWE (University of the West of England) is offering students a unique opportunity to study a Masters degree entirely within a virtual world. The MA Education in Virtual Worlds allows students to engage in activities and simulations that would otherwise be very difficult or impossible to practice in the real world.
AR reaping benefits
Thanks to a combination of interactive learning objects, Augmented Reality (AR) and e-learning logs, learners at Adult Education in Gloucestershire have greatly improved access to resources
A marvellous Moodle
Weston College have redeveloped their Moodle standards from the traditional model of Gold, Silver and Bronze into a vibrant and dynamic model called Moodle Must Haves, Moodle Marvellous and Moodle Mind Blowing. This has significantly improved the quality of courses within their VLE
Enhance digital literacy
Somerset College’s learning resources team have developed an extensive set of multimedia tutorials, which are providing students with a variety of challenging activities that are extending the students’ research and digital literacy
Digital literacy review
Through the direct advice and support from Jisc RSC South West, Yeovil College have reaped the benefits from a full DLOR (digital literacy organisational review) and this has provided a real framework for the development and enhancement of their organisation.
Jisc Regional Support Centres work with more than 2,000 UK learning providers helping them to improve performance and efficiency through the use of technology.
We provide advice and support, share good practice and facilitate collaboration to help solve your everyday challenges and achieve your strategic objectives.
Technology is vital to your organisation’s success, helping you to:
- enhance the learner experience for better learner outcomes;
- widen your reach to increase learner numbers;
- improve quality and inspection outcomes and secure future funding;
- do more for less, leading to cost reduction and efficiency gains.
Our remit covers Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, Devon, Somerset, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and Dorset.
Funded by the UK Department of Business Innovation and Skills, we work closely with practitioners within Further Education, Sixth Form, Specialist Colleges, Adult and Community Learning, Work-based Learning and Higher Education.
Advice and support
- Bid writing to support funding applications
- Staff development
- Library and learning resources
- Technical infrastructure
- Virtual Learning Environment
- e-learning technologies
We also offer technology and accessibility kit loans, which are available free of charge.
Events RSC South West events feed
- InfoPath Forms in SharePoint 03 Dec 2014 This 3 day course will cover the fundamentals of using InfoPath to control, automate and direct activities within SharePoint, connectivity to associated data sources will also be covered
- Technical Forum - Somerset 11 Dec 2014 The Jisc RSC South West is pleased to be able to schedule a Technical Forum for our supported Learning Providers.
- Using Powershell to Manage AD and Office 365 15 Dec 2014 This is a 3 day course in using Powershell to manage AD, the final 0.5 day will concentrate on writing scripts for the automation of actions with any Office 365 instance you may have. Powershell is already widely used to automate and reduce system admin tasks in many Providers. If you require a refresh or are starting from scratch then this course will be of value to you. The course is being delivered by Neos IT.