RSC South West
Self-help for anxiety
A self-help anxiety management app developed at the University of the West of England (UWE) is helping students and people from all over the world to better manage and support their anxiety.
Read how one provider has increased student attendance by 30% for their sector-based work academies.
Read E-learning Adviser John Dalziel's thoughts on embracing change and how the RSCs can support learning providers to work through their own change processes.
Fab social media wiki
See how Gloucestershire College have with the help of the European Comenius Project developed a staff wiki dedicated to providing social media and web 2.0 help and support for teachers.
Superb Library service
Weston College have transformed their library service into an award-winning vibrant environment thanks to a complete redevelopment. Their LibraryPlus service is providing students with an innovative social learning space, with which they are able to utilise and benefit from a range of additional support.
Jisc Regional Support Centres work with more than 2,000 UK learning providers helping them to improve performance and efficiency through the use of technology.
We provide advice and support, share good practice and facilitate collaboration to help solve your everyday challenges and achieve your strategic objectives.
Technology is vital to your organisation’s success, helping you to:
- enhance the learner experience for better learner outcomes;
- widen your reach to increase learner numbers;
- improve quality and inspection outcomes and secure future funding;
- do more for less, leading to cost reduction and efficiency gains.
Our remit covers Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, Devon, Somerset, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and Dorset.
Funded by the UK Department of Business Innovation and Skills, we work closely with practitioners within Further Education, Sixth Form, Specialist Colleges, Adult and Community Learning, Work-based Learning and Higher Education.
Advice and support
- Bid writing to support funding applications
- Staff development
- Library and learning resources
- Technical infrastructure
- Virtual Learning Environment
- e-learning technologies
We also offer technology and accessibility kit loans, which are available free of charge.
Events RSC South West events feed
- Windows Server Group Policy Course 29 Sep 2014 This 2 day course will cover the use of Group Policy within a Windows 2012 domain structure
- Windows Server 2012 Administration 13 Oct 2014 This 3 day course will cover some of the more advanced features of the Windows 2012 server OS.
- Technical Forum - Gloucestershire 12 Nov 2014 The Jisc RSC South West is pleased to be able to schedule a Technical Forum for our supported Learning Providers.