RSC South West
UWE (University of the West of England) is offering students a unique opportunity to study a Masters degree entirely within a virtual world. The MA Education in Virtual Worlds allows students to engage in activities and simulations that would otherwise be very difficult or impossible to practice in the real world.
AR reaping benefits
Thanks to a combination of interactive learning objects, Augmented Reality (AR) and e-learning logs, learners at Adult Education in Gloucestershire have greatly improved access to resources
A marvellous Moodle
Weston College have redeveloped their Moodle standards from the traditional model of Gold, Silver and Bronze into a vibrant and dynamic model called Moodle Must Haves, Moodle Marvellous and Moodle Mind Blowing. This has significantly improved the quality of courses within their VLE
Enhance digital literacy
Somerset College’s learning resources team have developed an extensive set of multimedia tutorials, which are providing students with a variety of challenging activities that are extending the students’ research and digital literacy
Digital literacy review
Through the direct advice and support from Jisc RSC South West, Yeovil College have reaped the benefits from a full DLOR (digital literacy organisational review) and this has provided a real framework for the development and enhancement of their organisation.
Jisc Regional Support Centres work with more than 2,000 UK learning providers helping them to improve performance and efficiency through the use of technology.
We provide advice and support, share good practice and facilitate collaboration to help solve your everyday challenges and achieve your strategic objectives.
Technology is vital to your organisation’s success, helping you to:
- enhance the learner experience for better learner outcomes;
- widen your reach to increase learner numbers;
- improve quality and inspection outcomes and secure future funding;
- do more for less, leading to cost reduction and efficiency gains.
Our remit covers Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, Devon, Somerset, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and Dorset.
Funded by the UK Department of Business Innovation and Skills, we work closely with practitioners within Further Education, Sixth Form, Specialist Colleges, Adult and Community Learning, Work-based Learning and Higher Education.
Advice and support
- Bid writing to support funding applications
- Staff development
- Library and learning resources
- Technical infrastructure
- Virtual Learning Environment
- e-learning technologies
We also offer technology and accessibility kit loans, which are available free of charge.
Events RSC South West events feed
- ACL Forum 05 Nov 2014 An opportunity for staff working in ACL to discuss and share their use of technology in adult learning
- Technical Forum - Gloucestershire 12 Nov 2014 The Jisc RSC South West is pleased to be able to schedule a Technical Forum for our supported Learning Providers.
- Learning Resources Forum 14 Nov 2014 This is an opportunity for LRC and Library staff to network and share good practice. There will be the usual opportunities to discuss any issues of interest to the LR community and plan for future forums in the region.
- Microsoft SCCM and SCVMM 17 Nov 2014 This is a 3 day course in Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) (2 days) and Microsoft System Centre Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) (1 day). This is one course, the 3 days are one booking.
- VLE Forum 19 Nov 2014 The VLE is an integral part of most Learning Providers mechanisms for supporting the Teaching and Learning, this forum is an opportunity for all staff that use the VLE to share their practice.
- InfoPath Forms in SharePoint 24 Nov 2014 This 3 day course will cover the fundamentals of using InfoPath to control, automate and direct activities within SharePoint, connectivity to associated data sources will also be covered
- Specialist College Forum 25 Nov 2014 This Jisc RSC SW forum is an opportunity for Specialist Colleges staff to get together to share good practice amongst themselves and with colleagues working to support learners with disabilities in the rest of the FE & Skills Sector.
- Using Powershell to Manage AD and Office 365 08 Dec 2014 This is a 3 day course in using Powershell to manage AD, the final 0.5 day will concentrate on writing scripts for the automation of actions with any Office 365 instance you may have. Powershell is already widely used to automate and reduce system admin tasks in many Providers. If you require a refresh or are starting from scratch then this course will be of value to you. The course is being delivered by Neos IT.